Driftwood Communications has an exciting opportunity for OSP Linemen Technicians.
If you have a desire to build a successful long-term career in an ever-changing industry with a company that champions your success, provides training and surrounds you with a team of like-minded people, then Driftwood Communications has a place for you.
Driftwood Communications is a diversified and dynamic service contractor who has been providing telecommunications solutions for over 40 years. Driftwood prioritizes customer service with on-time delivery, excellent workmanship and strives to meet and exceed all industry standards. If you have a positive attitude and want to work with a company who supports your goals and provides a myriad of training opportunities, then we’d like to talk to you about joining the Driftwood Team.
The successful candidate will be working with various wire mediums that include coax, copper, fibre and strand in all environments and weather conditions. The successful candidate will be operating various lift vehicles and equipment including Telsta’s, cable lashing machines, confined spaces devices, pumps and blowers. You would be joining a team of dedicated, diversified and energetic people all committed to meeting deadlines for our clients while upholding the most stringent safety standards within the industry.
In addition, the successful candidate will be required to follow all safety practices that include daily truck inspections, on site toolbox meetings and all other industry and company safety practices.
- Must have a valid class 5 driver’s license and provide a recent driver abstract
- Successful candidate will be required to pass a criminal record check
- Attention to detail with a commitment to safety while working in all environments
- Ability to work in all weather conditions, in a team environment as well as independent
- Able to work in a physically demanding atmosphere, lifting over 75 lbs., climb ladders, handling of cable reels, entering confined spaces and other related tasks
- Being self-disciplined and organized with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Customer focused individual with a commitment to quality workmanship and craft
- Skilled in interpreting and implementing engineered design maps and records
- Willingness to work overtime, weekends or on emergency call outs as required
- Skilled at climbing poles
- Flexibility to travel within BC
- Experience with Micro cells
- Knowledgeable at using computer and hand-held devices
- Knowledge of the TELUS TOPPS documentation
- Able to work with limited supervision with the installation of all wire mediums
- Performing all tasks safety with a focus on the crew and pedestrians
- Ability to coach, train and mentor team members in the craft
- Knowledge to lead a team if required
- Knowledge of infrastructure placement for both aerial and underground situations
- Knowledge for proper placement to install copper, fiber, coax and strand
- Able to identify and wreck out old infrastructure such as cable and strand, including pole changes
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the industry
- Confined spaces certificate
- Aerial Lift certificate
- WHMIS and Power Awareness certification
- Defensive driving certification
- First Aid is an asset
- Traffic control is an asset
- Holding a Journeyman’s certificate is a plus
What Driftwood Communications Offers:
- Full-time position
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefit package after 90 days
- Ongoing training
Please submit your resume and cover letter. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.