Driftwood Communications has an exciting opportunity for an experienced OSP Fiber & Copper Splicer.
If you have a desire to build a successful long-term career in an ever-changing industry with a company that champions your success, provides training and surrounds you with a team of like-minded people, then Driftwood Communications has a place for you.
Driftwood Communications is a diversified and dynamic service contractor who has been providing telecommunications solutions for over 40 years. Driftwood prioritizes customer service with on-time delivery, excellent workmanship and strives to meet and exceed all industry standards. If you have a positive attitude and want to work with a company who supports your goals and provides a myriad of training opportunities, then we’d like to talk to you about joining the Driftwood Team.
You would be joining a team of dedicated, diversified and energetic people all committed to meeting deadlines for our clients while upholding the most stringent safety standards within the industry.
The successful candidate will be working with both copper and fiber in aerial and underground locations in all-weather environments. In this role, you will be responsible for splicing, testing activation and providing documentation and other related tasks.
In addition, the successful candidate will be required to follow all safety practices that include daily truck inspections, on site toolbox meetings and all other industry and company safety practices.
Location: Vancouver Island, North & South Island
- Must have a valid class 5 driver’s license and provide a recent driver abstract
- Successful candidate will be required to pass a criminal record check
- Attention to detail with a commitment to safety while working in all environments
- Ability to work in all weather conditions, in a team environment as well as independently
- Able to work in a physically demanding atmosphere, lifting over 75 lbs.,
- Ability to climb ladders, using pumps and blowers, entering confined spaces and other related tasks
- Being self-disciplined and organized with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Customer focused individual with a commitment to quality workmanship and craft
- Skilled in interpreting and implementing engineered design maps and records
- Willingness to work overtime, weekends or on emergency call outs as required
- Experience with both aerial and underground cable placing
- Having an Air Brakes endorsement
- Flexibility to travel within BC
- Skilled at climbing poles
- Availability to participate with On Call or after hours
- Knowledgeable using Computer and hand-held devices
- Having Aerial Lift, Confined Spaces, First Aid, Ground Distance, Fall Arrest, Ladder Safety & Handling, Hydro Awareness/ 7 Steps to Safety are all assets
- Willingness to support after hours and emergency call outs
- Skilled in copper and fiber placing, splicing, activation and testing to meet client standards,
- Having the ability to troubleshoot active networks is essential
- Able to work in a team atmosphere as well as independently
- Ability to coach, train and mentor others in the copper and fiber craft
- Experienced in leading a team working together to meet project due dates
- Experienced and knowledgeable in the placing / lashing of various materials
- Skilled with PIC color coded and count identification
- Knowledge of the TELUS TOPPS documentation is an asset
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in splicing, activating and testing for copper and fibre in various work situations
- Valid driver’s license
- Experience in working with pressure testing
- Strong organizational skills
- Understanding knowledge of the TOPPS standards for copper and fibre expectations
What Driftwood Communications Offers:
- Full-time position
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefit package
- On-going training
Please submit your resume and cover letter. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.